The PLCnext Control must be extended via a basic application subject to license to create a power generation plant controller in accordance with VDE-AR-N 4110:2018 (and 4120:2018) in combination with FGW TR8 Rev.09 for type 1 and type 2 systems. The licenses for the basic application are available in the PLCnext Store.
The PLCnext components included in the basic application satisfy the following requirements:
Active power control
• Setpoint definition by the grid operator and third parties
• P(f) characteristic curve (type 2 systems only)
Reactive power control
• Reactive power control with voltage limitation function
• Q(U) characteristic curve
• Q(P) characteristic curve
• Reactive power prioritizing operating mode
• Controller bypass (bypass mode)
• Monitoring voltage conditions at the grid connection point for connecting the power generation unit after protection is triggered at the power generation unit (VDE-AR-N 4120:2018)
• Multiple instantiation of the PLCnext components is possible for independent control of multiple power generation unit types, e.g., system part 1: PV, system part 2: CHP plant, etc.
The interfaces (power providers, direct sellers, energy measuring devices, power generation units, portal connection, etc.) are to be connected by the user on the basis of the specific project.
The power generation plant controller functionality is subject to a license. The license required depends on the maximum possible system power. The following licenses are available:
• Power Control Unit – 250 kW (for an active power sum of up to 250 kW)
• Power Control Unit – 1 MW (for an active power sum of up to 1 MW)
• Power Control Unit – 5 MW (for an active power sum of up to 5 MW)
• Power Control Unit – 10 MW (for an active power sum of up to 10 MW)
• Power Control Unit – 50 MW (for an active power sum of up to 50 MW)
• Power Control Unit – UNLIMITED (no limit to the active power sum)
You can purchase the licenses in the PLCnext Store (for links, see the “Downloads” tab).