- Reduced wiring effort due to Push-in terminal blocks with front connection technology
- Space savings of up to 60% with an overall width of just 19 mm
- Plug-and-play connection to the remote I/O level and field level with a comprehensive system cabling portfolio
Universal modules with D-SUB, FLK, and other connectors
VARIOFACE termination boards ensure your reliable signal transmission between the field and automation levels. Reliable signal transmission: the universal termination boards couple high-position connectors to screw, Push-in or spring-cage terminal blocks – for IDC/FLK, D-SUB, ELCO, DIN rail, or RJ45. In conjunction with our universal system cables, you benefit from quick 1:1 wiring protects against polarity reversal.More information
- Control level connection method
- Number of positions, controller side
- Field level connection method
- Status indicator
- Operating voltage
- Current carrying capacity
- Fast 1:1 wiring with universal termination boards that is protected against polarity reversal
- Space-saving due to the compact design
- Every termination board can be precisely defined, thanks to variable marking
- Monitoring function: also available with status indicator
Configurator: System cabling for controllers
The VARIOFACE system cabling enables time-saving and error-free connection to I/O modules. Thanks to plug-in PLC front adapters, system cables, and signal termination boards, you can devise your wiring solution.
Comparison of our termination boards
The VARIOFACE portfolio is made up of various components that ensure smooth signal transmission. When it comes to connecting the field level to the control level, VARIOFACE Professional is ideal for universal use. With the new VARIOFACE Front Connect, it is now possible to establish a connection between the field level and remote I/O systems in an overall width of just 19 mm. Eliminate the need for hard wiring with relay modules and use a plug-in solution for this connection with the V8 adapter from the VARIOFACE product family.
|VARIOFACE Professional||VARIOFACE Front Connect||VARIOFACE PLC-V8 adapters|
|Connection technology||Push-in, screw||Push-in||Plug-in contacts to relay modules for PLC-INTERFACE 6.2 mm / 14 mm relays and RIFLINE complete|
|Connectors||D-SUB, HD-SUB, IDC/FLK, RJ45||D-SUB, IDC/FLK||D-SUB, IDC/FLK|
|Number of positions||9, 15, 25, 37, 50 (D-SUB) / 15, 26, 44, 62 (HD-SUB) / 10, 14, 16, 20, 26, 34, 40, 50, 60, 64 (IDC/FLK)||9, 15 (D-SUB) / 14, 16, 20 (IDC/FLK)||15-pos. (D-SUB) / 14-pos. (IDC/FLK)|
|Special versions||Potential distributor / feed-through modules / LED indicator||no||no|
|Overall width||Type-dependent||19 mm||50 mm (6.2 mm PLC-INTERFACE) / 112.5 mm (14 mm PLC-INTERFACE) / 128 mm (RIFLINE complete)|
VARIOFACE Professional Universal termination boards
Use universal termination boards to connect the control level and field level. VARIOFACE Professional offers a coordinated, modular, and robust system that saves space. This solution can be used wherever connectors need to be connected with single-core wires. Modules for signal transmission and potential distribution are available, depending on your application.
- Modules can be precisely defined due to variable marking
- Easy handling with the metal foot for DIN rail mounting
- Universal modules for all common numbers of positions and with screw or Push-in connection technology
VARIOFACE potential distributors
The versatile VARIOFACE potential distributors are suitable for both operating voltage and control voltage distribution. They are designed for applications up to 250 V/30 A. Benefit from the simple and precise distribution of electrical signals, especially in confined spaces.
- Comprehensive collection of signals due to several potential levels
- Clear separation of potentials with separate supply for large conductor cross-sections
- Clear assignment of connection terminal blocks, thanks to consecutive marking
VARIOFACE Front Connect Termination boards with front connections
Error-free wiring and space savings in the control cabinet are key features of VARIOFACE Front Connect. This addition between the remote I/O system and field level supports decentralized peripherals with high flexibility and a narrow design.
Reduce your wiring time significantly with Push-in Technology. Clear marking and color push buttons make handling easier and ensure intuitive wiring.
Easily integrate VARIOFACE Front Connect into your planning and documentation thanks to more available CAD data and EPLAN macros.
The VARIOFACE Front Connect product range includes tailored accessories such as system cables with free cable ends for universal connections.
VARIOFACE PLC-V8 adapters Plug-in connection for relay modules
Use system cabling adapters to ensure the error-free connection of relay modules to the control level. Here, the features of PLC-INTERFACE and VARIOFACE system cabling are combined in one solution. Depending on your switching requirements, channel-specific assembly of the input and output module is possible.
- Quick and easy connection of the coupling level and controller, as single-core wiring is no longer necessary
- High flexibility, as the modular design enables channel-specific assembly of the relay output module
- Direct connection of supply and return conductors with the sensor and actuator series
Wiring between control level and interface level
The PLC-V8 adapters are simply plugged into eight adjacent PLC-INTERFACE relays. As a result, the relays can be connected quickly and, in particular, without errors to I/O cards with IDC/FLK or D-SUB connectors.
The system cables coming from the controller, which are preassembled with connectors, are plugged into the PLC-V8 adapters.
The PLC-INTERFACE relays have bridge shafts. To establish a connection, the PLC-V8 adapters are plugged into the bridge shafts.
The PLC-INTERFACE relays form the coupling level between control level and field level.
The sensors and actuators located in the field level are connected to the PLC-INTERFACE relays.