V8 adapter for 8 x PLC-INTERFACE (6.2 mm), controller: PLC system cabling of output cards, connection 1: IDC/FLK pin strip 1x 14-position, connection 2: Plug-in connection (Can be snapped onto 8x PLC-INTERFACE terminals), connection 3: Screw connection 1x 2-position, number of channels: 8, control logic: plusschaltend
Controller-specific system cabling
Our controller-specific system cabling was specially developed to allow quick, error-free connection to the I/O modules of a wide range of controllers. With the simple plug-in front adapters, system cables, and termination boards, especially the new VARIOFACE Front Connect generation, you can make time savings of up to 90% and space savings of up to 60% in comparison with conventional solutions. VARIOFACE system cabling is available for all common I/O systems.More information
- I/O card
- Product type
- Cable length
- Connector, controller side
- Connector, module side
- Fast, error-free coupling to the I/O modules of a wide range of automation devices, thanks to controller-specific system cabling
- Wide range of different functions such as relay, solid-state relay, and feed-through connector
- Individual design, thanks to interface modules in single-, double-, or three-conductor connection technology
- Flexible – connect with Push-in, spring-cage, or screw connection technology
- Simple planning using the configuration cross-reference list or online selector
- System cabling is part of the COMPLETE line system
Front adapters for Allen Bradley ControlLogix®
With a unique look and feel
The front adapters for Allen Bradley ControlLogix® are available for 20- and 36-pos. I/O cards. The front adapters are specifically designed for direct connection between a variety of popular I/Os and the VIP Cabling portfolio.
- Plug-in PT connections for the separate voltage supply
- Shield connection for analog signals
- Options for marking on the adapter
- For modules up to 120 V AC/DC, 1 A
- Unique look and feel compared to Allen Bradley OEM adapter products
- Direct compatibility with the existing PLC Relay and VIP portfolio
- Individual marking with standard marking material
- Selection of four standard cable lengths for easy configuration
- High quality with 100% testing
- Convenient handling with tool-free unlocking system
Overview of controller-specific system cabling
The VARIOFACE controller-specific system cabling consists of the following components:
- Front adapters: the front adapter marshals the signals, eliminating the need for complex wiring with single-core wires. Simply plug the adapter into the correct input/output card of the controller. Solutions are available for the following controller manufacturers: ABB, Allen Bradley, Emerson, Honeywell, GE Fanuc, Phoenix Contact, Mitsubishi Electric, OMRON, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Yokogawa
- System cables: the signals are transmitted from the controller to the module via a pre-assembled system cable. Different versions are available, depending on length, number of positions, and shielding.
- Termination boards: the termination board transmits the control and field signals. You also benefit from our varied product range in this case. Termination boards are available in a wide range of connection technologies, overall widths, and different functions.
VARIOFACE Front Connect
The new generation of ultra-compact termination boards is the perfect addition between the remote I/O system and the field level.An innovative design ensures fast and error-free wiring as well as space savings in the control cabinet.VARIOFACE Front Connect ideally supports decentral peripheral devices with high flexibility and a narrow design.
VARIOFACE Front Connect
Conventional wiring with single-core wires
Wiring the I/O devices with single-core wires is very time-consuming and prone to errors.
- Time-consuming, because many work steps are necessary – such as cutting the wires to length, stripping, marking, crimping, and laying them
- Each single-core wire connection is a possible error source
- The arrangement of the cable bundles is confusing
- Arduous troubleshooting
- Maximum flexibility with single-core wires
VARIOFACE system cabling
The system cabling is a harmonized wiring concept that consists of a front adapter, system cable, and module.
- Plug-in components allow fast and error-free connection
- Time savings of 90% compared to conventional wiring with single-core wires
Configurator: System cabling for controllers
The VARIOFACE system cabling enables time-saving and error-free connection to I/O modules. Thanks to plug-in PLC front adapters, system cables, and signal termination boards, you can devise your wiring solution.
Controller-specific system cabling with PLC-V8 adapter
The system cabling adapter allows fast and error-free connection of relay modules to the control level. This solution combines the product features of PLC-INTERFACE and VARIOFACE system cabling. The input and output block allows a channel-specific assembly depending on the switching requirements, thanks to the modular structure.