Zero-speed and over-speed safety relays
Excessive speeds pose a danger to people and machinery. The compact PSRmotion over-speed safety relays and zero-speed safety relays monitor and disconnect rotating parts safely in the event of an emergency. The switching devices are compatible with all common sensor types and can be configured and commissioned particularly quickly using buttons on the product or using software.More information
- Product type
- Contact switching type
- Connection method
- Cable length
Safe over-speed safety relay
Sensorless motion monitoring
The safe PSR-MM35 over-speed safety relay reliably monitors speeds and thus protects against dangerous motion. You can monitor motion very economically and efficiently without any additional sensors.
- Safe motion monitoring based on rotary field measurement of the drive up to SIL 3 / PL e
- Integrated safety functions: STO (Safe Torque Off), SLS (Safely Limited Speed), SSM (Safe Speed Monitor), SSR (Safe Speed Range)
- Overall width of 12.5 mm
- Cost savings up to 50% with no need of additional sensors for speed measurement
- Maximum availability, as the rotary field measurement of the drive is independent of external disruptive factors such as shock, vibration, and EMC
- Fast commissioning with intuitive configuration software and no need for mounting and adjusting additional sensors
Compact motion monitoring without additional sensors
The sensor-free PSR-MM35 over-speed safety relay reliably monitors speeds to protect against dangerous motion. Based on the rotary field measurement of the drive, the integrated safety functions STO (Safe Torque Off), SLS (safely limited speed), SSM (safe speed monitor), and SSR (safe speed range) are reliably implemented up to SIL 3 or PL e.
With the PSR-MM25 zero-speed safety relay, machine zero speed is monitored without any additional sensors and an interlocking device can be actuated, for example. The zero-speed state is detected by evaluating the voltage induced in a motor winding.
- Overall width of 12.5 mm
- Safe motion monitoring up to SIL 3/PL e
- Force-guided relay outputs
Speed and zero-speed monitoring in one device
With the PSR-MM30 combined over-speed and zero-speed safety relay, you can monitor up to three different operating modes in addition to zero-speed mode. The PSR-MM30 ensures high system availability with its reliable measuring procedure.
- Overall width of 22.5 mm
- Compatible with modern safety encoders up to SIL 3
- Motion detection via encoder or proximity switch
- Force-guided relay outputs, parameterizable signal outputs
- Live monitoring with the PSRmotion software
- Startup via USB connection
- Integrated safety door monitoring ensures compatibility with PSRswitch safety switches
- Up to PL e and SIL 3
Live monitoring via PSRmotion software
Our over-speed and zero-speed safety relays can be started up, parameterized, and monitored conveniently with the PSRmotion software.
In live measuring mode, you can visualize the motion sequences of your machine.
You can download the Windows-based software free of charge. The software is then adapted via a USB interface.