Security appliance, 10/100/1000 Mbps, NAT, VPN, firewall
Industrial routers for remote maintenance and cybersecurity
Our robust industrial routers connect various networks via cable (LAN router and NAT router) or mobile network (2G/3G/4G/5G) for the remote maintenance and protection of your local network. A large number of products feature integrated VPN and firewall functions. For the highest level of security, the mGuard routers protect against cyber attacks and malware.More information
- Product type
- External memory
- Connection method
- Degree of protection
- Ambient temperature (operation) (°C)
GSM UMTS antenna, with omnidirectional characteristic, 2 m antenna cable with SMA round connector
Security appliance, 10/100 Mbps, NAT, advanced firewall, VPN, functionally extendable with licenses
Multiband omnidirectional antenna for wall or mast mounting, 0.6 GHz ... 6 GHz, gain: 3 dBi ... 7 dBi, degree of protection: IP66, connection: SMA (male), incl. 5 m connecting cable, mounting bracket, and mast clamps
Industrial NAT firewall, comprehensive NAT functionality, intelligent stateful inspection firewall, protection without configuration in Easy Protect Mode, Firewall Assistant as a simple configuration wizard, non-blocking validation of the configuration in test mode
Remote maintenance router, 10/100 Mbps, NAT, VPN, firewall
Remote maintenance router, 10/100 Mbps, NAT, VPN, firewall, Unmanaged 5-port Switch
Security appliance, 10/100 Mbps, NAT, advanced firewall, functionally extendable with licenses
Security appliance, 10/100 Mbps, NAT, firewall, managed 4-port switch and DMZ, functionally extendable with licenses
Remote maintenance router, 10/100/1000 Mbps, NAT, VPN, firewall
FL mGuard 2100/4300 security routers
Powerful security appliance for industrial networks
Thanks to comprehensive security functions, the mGuard security routers protect your industrial network against unauthorized access by people or malware. The proven mGuard security technology enables you to control and safeguard communication within your production network.
- Thanks to the high processing speed, the mGuard security router achieves a data throughput of almost 1,000 Mbps
- Comprehensive security functions such as stateful inspection firewall, Network Address Translation, and Stealth mode
- The central management software, mGuard Device Manager, enables easy and efficient system configuration, maintenance, and operation, especially when a large number of mGuard security routers are installed
- Thanks to the high processing speed of the mGuard security routers, data flow within your network is not slowed down
- High level of security through proven mGuard security technology and over 20 years of experience in cybersecurity
- Long-term software maintenance and high security through timely updates enable many years of use
mGuard Secure Remote Service
New version 2.13/2.14
The mGuard Secure Remote Service offers operators and machine builders a highly secure, cloud-based infrastructure for instant remote services to any machine or plant.
- Support for new device classes (cloud clients, TC routers)
- New onboarding process for users by using credential push notification
- Password policies defined at a central location
- Greater variety of devices supports the right device for any use case and budget
- Simplified onboarding process for new users and improved security, since no passwords need to be transferred
- Increased security through more complex password requirements
- In the same way as for machines, multiple subnets can now also be configured for service workstations via the VPN wizard
TC Router – cellular router
Ideal for infrastructure applications
The TC Router product family allows robust data connections via mobile 4G networks (LTE). The new routers are now also available with Ethernet WAN port, WLAN, and serial interface.
- Temperature range: -40°C ... +70°C
- WLAN access point for up to ten devices
- 4 DI, 2 DO or 2 DI, 2 DO, RS-232/485
- Micro SIM and eSIM with up to ten different profiles
- Easy operation directly on the front of the device
- Wireless network access from mobile devices, due to integrated WLAN access point
- More reliability through use of multiple cellular networks with dual SIM (micro SIM and eSIM) and wired or WLAN-WAN access
- Low energy consumption due to efficient energy-saving mode
- Connection of legacy devices thanks to an integrated RS-232/RS-485 interface
Industrial VPN gateways for mGuard Secure Remote Service
New variants available
The cloud clients connect machines and systems to the mGuard Secure Remote Service securely over the Internet. The portfolio is being expanded to include new variants with 4G cellular networks and 4G cellular networks plus WLAN.
VPN router for mGuard Secure Remote Service via:
- Ethernet (WAN), 4G cellular networks
- Ethernet (WAN), 4G cellular networks, WLAN (Wi-Fi client)
- Quick and easy configuration and setup with the mGuard Secure Remote Service
- Tailored range of functions for secure operation within the mGuard Secure Remote Service
- Robust and durable devices for use in extreme industrial environments
- Secure Internet access for remote maintenance targets through WLAN and 4G cellular communication, even in inaccessible locations
Secure remote maintenance
When it comes to remote maintenance for industrial systems distributed around the world, Phoenix Contact provides a wide range of robust and future-oriented industrial routers for wired or wireless remote access to networks. These products feature modern security mechanisms such as VPN, IPsec encryption, and integrated firewalls. This means you have the ability to establish connections to your machines and systems anywhere and at any time, and can perform maintenance and service work quickly and efficiently.
Corresponding accessories for cellular routers
Phoenix Contact provides suitable cellular antennas and antenna cables to ensure that your cellular routers communicate reliably. Depending on the installation location, choose between omnidirectional antennas for mounting on control cabinets, wall mounting, mast mounting, or for direct installation on the device. Accessories such as the corresponding surge protection complete the package.
For more information on selecting the right antenna and correctly installing it, go to our flyer “10 antenna rules”.
Industrial cybersecurity protects networked industrial systems and plants from attacks, data espionage, failures due to viruses, malware, and misuse. After all, cyberattacks and malware can cause a great deal of damage, from loss of know-how, images, and data to expensive downtime and personnel costs for correcting damage, all the way to high ransom demands.
That’s why we provide security routers and industrial firewalls that are specifically designed to meet the needs of industry and monitor data traffic in the network. Only the data traffic you want is allowed; unauthorized access attempts are blocked. This increases the availability of your systems.