Fieldbus repeaters and serial interface converters
Using fieldbus repeaters for PROFIBUS and RS-485 bus systems, you can extend your network over a wide area regardless of the data rate. Even the number of devices can be extended through segmentation with repeaters. You can increase the range, transmit without EMI, and extend and distribute channels as required. The modular concept supports any combination of copper and FO channels. Using the serial interface converters, serial interfaces such as RS-232, RS-485, RS-422, and TTY can be converted from and to these formats in order to connect different devices.More information
- Product type
- Communication protocol
Copper repeaters for increased system performance:
- Start delimiter detection filters damaged PROFIBUS telegrams
- Bit retiming enables the devices to be cascaded to any depth
- High-grade electrical isolation ensures immunity that is suitable for industrial applications
The modular concept of the PSI-MOS devices also ensures the desired mix of copper and FO channels: the devices can be quickly and easily connected to each other via the DIN rail connector. This is how the cross-wiring for data signals and supply voltage is achieved.
- Fast installation without wiring errors
- Combine up to 10 devices to suit the application and extend to up to 30 channels, either in copper or FO
- Even during operation, individual modules can be replaced without affecting the others
- Optional system power supply can also be used redundantly
Fieldbus repeaters – extension through segmentation
Using Phoenix Contact repeaters, you can extend your network over a wide area regardless of the data rate. Even the number of devices can be extended through segmentation with fieldbus repeaters. You can increase the range, transmit without EMI, and extend and distribute channels as required. The modular concept supports any combination of copper and FO channels.
- Integrated bit retiming with signal processing enables the fieldbus repeaters to be cascaded to any depth
- The integrated bit oversampling ensures interference-free telegrams
- Start delimiter detection detects damaged PROFIBUS telegrams without causing any impact and filters them out of the network
Active termination for PROFIBUS and RS-485 networks
Actively terminate PROFIBUS and RS-485 networks with ease using the PSI-TERMINATOR-PB-TBUS.
This gives you important advantages:
- Interference-free bus communication through permanent, active termination: you can connect and disconnect bus devices during operation
- Fixed programming interface in the network
- Redundant power supply
- Supply voltage routed through a DIN rail connector for use in combination with other devices
You use the D-SUB connection to supply active programming and diagnostic devices with power. You can also use the device as a defined service interface within a bus system.