Cable entry system and cable glands
The use of cable glands ensures particularly robust and reliable control cabinet feed-through for individual cables. In addition, the CES cable entry system offers a clear and cost-saving solution for the space-saving cable feed-through of several assembled and unassembled cables. Choose between modules that can be combined or cable entry plates.More information
- Product type
- Ambient temperature (operation) (°C)
- External cable diameter
- Save space in the control cabinet by installing the plug-in connection inside
- Easy handling: no special tools required
- High degree of safety with robust and oil-resistant versions
- Multi-area seals with strain relief provide a reliable seal
- Comprehensive product range – versions for various different applications
- High form stability of the plastic frame due to metal inserts
Configurator for the CES cable entry system
Put together your individual cable entry system with the CES configurator. Combine cable seals from our large range of round and AS-interface cables and extend your solution with suitable accessories.
Cable glands for standard applications
For universal use, choose easy-to-install cable glands with outstanding strain relief from Phoenix Contact. The product range includes half screw connections with sealing rim for housings with screw connection glands and full screw connections for housings with threads. For shielded cables, reliable EMC cable glands with elastic shield contact springs are available for easy assembly. Furthermore, highly conductive laminated elements offer reliable connection with very low ohmic and inductive resistance between the cable shield and the connector housing.
- Plastic cable glands made from polyamide, with integrated strain relief offering IP68 degree of protection, with metric, Pg, or NPT thread
- Brass cable glands (nickel-plated), with integrated strain relief offering IP68/IP69K degree of protection, with metric, Pg, or NPT thread
- EMC cable glands made from brass (nickel-plated), with integrated strain relief offering IP68 degree of protection, with metric or Pg thread
Cable glands for the Ex area
Ex cable glands provide maximum safety in potentially explosive industrial areas. For reliable operation, versions are available for armored and non-armored cables with the following types of protection: flameproof enclosure (type “d”), increased safety (type “e”), and restricted breathing (type “nR”). The cable glands are approved in accordance with international standards (ATEX, IECEx, UL, GHOST) and provide IP66/IP67 and IP68 degree of protection.
- Brass, for armored cables for safety type “e”, for non-armored cables for safety types “d”, “e”, and “nR”
- Stainless steel, for armored cables and non-armored cables for safety types “d”, “e”, and “nR”
- With environmentally friendly seals made from thermoplastic elastomer (LSF)
- Screw plugs and pressure compensation for all versions
Modular system for cable feed-through
With cable seals that can be combined in various ways, CES modular cable feed-through allows assembled and unassembled cables to be fed into the control cabinet quickly and flexibly. The cable feed-through system allows a reliable seal and strain relief in accordance with DIN EN 50262. The individual elements are available in a variety of shapes and for a wide range of cable diameters. The cable seals are very robust and provide a reliable seal for cable feed-through with protection class IP54.
Cable entry plates for unassembled cables
CES Multigates are metal-reinforced plates for cable feed-through. The cable entry plates provide you with numerous options for guiding cables through a control cabinet panel with a tight seal. With CES Multigates, you can feed up to 37 unassembled cables into the control cabinet in a structured way using a single element. The cable entry plates are also suitable for outdoor applications.