Components for retrofits
Components for retrofits help you to upgrade or retrofit existing control systems. If your controller is old or not powerful enough, you should think about replacing it. Thanks to our easy pluggable components for retrofits, expensive modifications and plant downtime are things of the past. They feature error-free connection while enabling you to retain the existing field wiring.More information
Your advantages with our components for retrofits
- Easily upgrade or retrofit existing control systems with easily pluggable components for retrofits
- Greater availability, thanks to short downtimes during the migration process
- Error-free connection by retaining the existing field wiring
- Reduced wiring effort, thanks to plug-in components
- Reduced maintenance costs, thanks to ongoing technological development of the system
Overview of components for retrofits
1. Intermediate adapter for converting SIMATIC® S5 to SIMATIC® S7-400:
The S5 connector is plugged directly into the I/O card using the intermediate adapter. A new S7-400 is installed in place of the S5. The existing field wiring is retained.
2. Conversion adapter from SIMATIC® S5 to SIMATIC® S7-300:
Conversion adapters connect the front adapters to S7-300 I/O modules. Using the adapters, the signals of the S5 front adapter can be converted to a 50-pos. strip. The signals are routed to the I/O module via a system cable and front adapter.
3. Startup adapter for extending the existing SIMATIC® S5 field wiring:
All signals of the existing S5 wiring are extended using the universal startup adapters. The free cable end can be connected to different controllers, such as S7-400 or S7-300. This allows communication between the existing field wiring for the S5 and the new controller for testing purposes. Since the new control unit is temporarily located upstream of the control cabinet, you can restore the original system state if required. Once the system is operating without errors with the new controller, you can replace the S5.