The compact Smart Production Cabinet control cabinet solution enables the control and monitoring of systems and machines as well as the creation of relevant diagnostics. With the modular design, you can select your ideal combination of prefabricated and individual configurations. Moreover, you can implement your own solution based on this design.
Our annual stock-take will take place on 24-25th November. No Orders will be shipped on these days, please plan your orders accordingly. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Intelligent automation with little effort Smart Production – step by step toward the Smart Factory
In order to meet current environmental requirements and to increase competitiveness, the standard of automation in productions must be increased continuously and under economic aspects.
With the “Smart Production“ solution, we offer you:
- A broad portfolio of products and solutions for efficient automation and functional safety.
- An intelligent, consistent, flexible, and open automation standard.
- Intelligent approaches to human-machine collaboration as well as simple operation and uniform programming of production controls.
Increasing the level of automation under economic aspects
For intelligent production, a wide variety of requirements must be met, such as resource-saving process management, flexible production up to batch size 1, holistically secured network, and many more. Production systems are becoming increasingly faster, more effective, and error-free in their operation. However, costs are rising due to increasing automation. The required expertise is becoming more complex and broader. Accordingly, the change in the role of people in production is leading to a variety of challenges:
- Reduction of engineering effort
- Securing the return on investment (ROI)
- Simple design of automation processes for employees
- Intelligent human-machine collaboration with the highest functional safety standards
Simple and cost-effective automation Automation with the Smart Production standard
The Smart Production library comprises a collection of function blocks and visualization elements for creating your own open automation standard. With minimal programming effort, the components and visualization elements can be used as templates for your individual requirements. The visualization based on the PLCnext Web HMI server is automatically generated in a rule-based manner from the application program and can also be individually expanded.
Suitable training concepts and a comprehensive description support you in the joint or individual implementation of a globally applicable automation standard for your systems and machines. The solution's hardware platform is based on the open and powerful PLCnext platform.
Due to the changing role of people, it is necessary to create suitable MMI interfaces for the interaction between people and machines. The Modular Operator Station from Phoenix Contact combines the highest requirements on robustness and slim ergonomic designs and brings these together with intelligent and powerful operating options. The Modular Operator Stations can be installed in systems without any further engineering effort. Only a power supply and network connection are required.
The control stations are equipped with an IPC-65 PC as well as an integrated web client (also with the open Windows operating system as an option). In addition, they are characterized by scalable performance, screen size, and various user interfaces (push button box, keyboard, mouse, RFID reader).
With our Smart Production solution, we were able to implement the safety requirement of system safety for the robot application in our production quickly, simply, and with a minimum of effort.
Working towards a smart factory
With the “Smart Production“ solutions we provide your production with:
- Increased system availability with standardized and proven functions and extensive diagnostic options.
- Engineering savings during program creation and commissioning with a preconfigured PLC application solution with comprehensive libraries.
- The reduction of HMI engineering by up to 70% with the integrated HMI generator.
- The ability to create a global automation standard that combines the highest standards of performance and functional vision.