The Radioline wireless system distributes signals easily with I/O mapping. Phoenix Contact's Radioline wireless platform offers wire replacement for simple I/O and serial communication. With software-free radio setup, Radioline offers a cost-effective wireless solution where it is too costly or not possible to run a wire.
This is Radioline
Radioline is the wireless communication system for large industrial arrangements. In this video, we explore this exciting solution, including its unique features such as extremely easy assignment of inputs and outputs by simply turning the thumbwheel – no programming is necessary. Thanks to Trusted Wireless 2.0 technology, Radioline is the ideal choice for reliable use in industrial environments.
Features and benefits
- Easy, software-free configuration
- High-speed communications, up to 500 kbps
- Radioline wireless module operation in the 2.4 GHz and 900 MHz frequency range
- Hot-swappable modular I/O via expansion modules for common industrial signals
- All-in-one wireless platform: I/O-to-I/O, I/O-to-Modbus, serial-to-serial monitoring, and serial-and-I/O-to-Modbus monitoring
- NEMA4 version for outdoor installation
The Radioline expansion modules offer direct connection of common industrial signals to the Radioline platform, eliminating the need for RTU or PLC devices. Expansion modules are hot swappable and up to 32 modules can be added to a Radioline wireless module.
The Radioline platform is available in two frequency ranges - 2.4 GHz and 900 MHz.
- High-performance Radioline 900 MHz – Designed for North American use and suitable for either short-range, non-line-of-sight applications or for long-range applications of up to 20 miles
- Radioline 2.4 GHz – Designed for International use and suitable for short-range, clear line-of-sight applications
- Radioline RS-485 bus – Designed to be a simple method of assigning I/O information via thumbwheels to now be accessible on a wired RS-485 system
Radioline - Software-free configuration
Watch how to configure the Radioline wireless system for simple I/O-to-I/O communication without the use of software.
Outdoor Radioline – Software-free configuration
Watch how to configure an Outdoor Radioline module to a DIN rail-mount Radioline module without the use of software.
Outdoor Radioline – Software-free, point-to-point configuration
Watch how to configure a point-to-point Outdoor Radioline system without the use of software.
Outdoor Radioline - Adding an Outdoor Radioline unit
Watch how to add an Outdoor Radioline module to an existing Radioline system without the use of software.
Radioline - PLC-mode configuration
Watch how to configure the Radioline wireless system for simple I/O-to-Modbus RTU output.
Trusted Wireless 2.0 technology overview
Watch our tutorial on Trusted Wireless 2.0 technology from Phoenix Contact that provides security, reliability, and long distance communications for industrial communications.