- Resettable, thus enabling fast restart after a fault as replacement parts are not needed
- Easy retrofitting of existing systems with automotive fuses due to the identical pin connector pattern
- Optimum overload protection for connected loads due to the choice of different characteristic curves
Thermal device circuit breakers
Thermal circuit breakers provide optimum protection against overload for your consumers in power distribution systems. When the circuit breaker trips, the integrated switch function enables immediate reactivation. Unlike a fuse, the circuit breaker does not need to be replaced. The higher the overload, the faster the thermal device circuit breaker trips.More information
- Reconnection options for fast, replacement part-free recommissioning after a fault
- Easy to retrofit in existing systems with vehicle flat-type fuses with identical pin connector pattern
- Disconnect the system from the power source for maintenance actions via the integrated device switch
TCP DC thermal device circuit breakers
Compact plug-and-play solution
TCP DC device circuit breakers are the reclosable alternative for your automotive fuses. Easily retrofit your applications and reduce on-site service work. The portfolio offers optimum overload protection for your application with two characteristic curves.
- Easy to use in combination with our CLIPLINE portfolio
- Color coding of the different nominal currents (5 A … 40 A)
- 2 characteristic curves
- Protection against unintentional restarting
- Reconnection options for fast, replacement-part-free recommissioning after a fault
- Easy to retrofit in existing systems with automotive fuses with identical pin connector pattern
- Optimum overload protection for the connected loads with a choice of different characteristic curves
Thermal device circuit breakers Function and design
Thermal device circuit breakers are normally tripped via a bimetal strip. In the event of a fault, the bimetal heats up and disconnects the circuit.
As a rule, the higher the overload, the faster the thermal device circuit breaker trips.
The devices can be switched on again at any time. Thermal device circuit breakers are available as pluggable versions.
TCP DC thermal device circuit breakers Compact plug-and-play solution
The TCP DC device circuit breakers are the resettable alternative for your automotive fuses. Easily retrofit your applications and reduce on-site service effort. The portfolio offers optimum overload protection for your application with two characteristic curves.
Reset tripped circuits easily. The tripped channels can be quickly and clearly identified via visual indication.
The housing contour also protects against accidental reset.
The TCP DC product family has the same pin connector pattern as commercially available automotive fuses. This means that existing systems can be easily retrofitted. Just like automotive fuses, the different nominal currents are color coded. The correct plugs are thus easy to identify and clearly assign.
With the choice of two different characteristic curves, your overload protection can be optimally adapted to the connected loads. The nominal current range of 5 to 40 A ideally rounds out the basic protection.
Areas of application
Typical areas of application for thermal device circuit breakers are sensors and actuators in systems.
These include motors, heating elements and fans, and devices with high starting current.
Thermal device circuit breakers have a maximum voltage range of 250 V AC or 65 V DC.