In industrial applications, the trend is moving towards increasingly compact designs while still maintaining high packing density. With the 12- and 17-pos. high-density connectors, you can transmit signals in a space saving M12 design. The A-coding is standardized and can be combined with other interfaces.
Signal cables and power cables for reliable sensor/actuator cabling
Connect sensors and actuators quickly and easily in the field using assembled cables for signal and power transmission. Choose from a range of versions and cable qualities. For requirements that go beyond the classic specifications for industrial environments, we offer a range of specially tailored product series. We will also be happy to implement individual solutions on request.More information
- Product type
- Connection 1
- Connection type 1
- Connection 2
- Connection type 2
- Numerous sizes and high numbers of positions – from M8 to M40 as well as 1/2" and 7/8", and up to 17 positions in one connector
- Quick and reliable connection, even in confined spaces, with M12 push-pull connectors
- Advanced Shielding Technology provides a totally protected and reliable shield connection, even under extreme environmental conditions
- Wide range of molded valve connectors for the protective circuit
- Perfectly fitting cabling with customer-specific versions starting from a batch size of 1
Shielded M12 push-pull connectors
Reliable signal and data transmission
M12 push-pull connectors latch into place by means of direct insertion and enable easy and secure connection for applications in confined spaces and with high cabling density. The new, shielded, A- and D-coded versions guarantee reliable signal and data transmission.
- Push-pull internal and external locking
- Standardized in accordance with IEC 61076-2-010
- A- and D-coded
- Advanced Shielding Technology
- Conductor cross-section: 0.34 mm²
- Degree of protection: IP65, IP67
- PUR, halogen-free
- Plug and Produce: quick and reliable connection even in confined spaces
- Fast installation: time savings of 80% during installation compared to screw connection
- Flying leads: connectors with internal and external locking
- Totally protected: Advanced Shielding Technology provides a reliable shield connection, even under extreme environmental conditions
- Highly future-proof: standardized product range for worldwide availability
Configure your personal signal and power cable
Configure your cable connection for signal and power transmission in IP-protected areas. Freely selectable cable lengths and cable ends enable customized cable assemblies.
M8 and M12 signal and power cables
Phoenix Contact offers the largest range of products and solutions in M8 and M12 designs for the safe transmission of signals and power: from standard applications to high contact density. Choose from a range of assembled versions and cable qualities. Halogen-free PUR cabling, used as standard, already meets the requirements of many fields of application.
- Reliably sealed up to IP65/IP67/IP68 degree of protection
- Protection against mismatching with coded pin connector patterns
- Quick and reliable connection, even in confined spaces, with M12 push-pull connectors
- Advanced Shielding Technology: large-area 360° shielding for totally reliable EMC protection and robustness – even under extreme environmental influences
- Prevent voltage drops with cables and connectors up to 2.5 mm²
- High power transmission for DC or AC applications up to 16 A or up to 690 V
The PUR cables that we use as standard are halogen-free, resistant to chemicals, oils, and lubricants, and are suitable for drag chain applications. Cost-effective PVC cables can be used in applications where a medium level of mechanical strain is expected. We offer special tailor-made cable qualities for outdoor, food industry, and railway applications.
M12 connectors with integrated LEDs enable you to quickly and easily identify errors in the signal path.
Advanced Shielding Technology optimizes the current design of M12 connectors for the reliable and safe operation of your systems.
During the manufacturing process, liquid metal completely encloses the cable shielding. The material-bonding 360° shielding not only provides improved EMC protection, but also boosts performance. The liquid metal also establishes the connection between the PE contact and the metal-conductive M12 knurl.
The M12 power codings (S-, K-, and M-coding) are designed for AC applications such as the power connection of a three-phase motor. The M-coding also supplies 5- and 6-pos. loads with up to 8 A and 690 V.
The T- and L-codings are used for low-voltage DC applications, such as supplying power to distributed I/O modules or DC motors. The 4-pos. L-coding is available with an additional functional ground contact as an option. Up to 16 A can be transmitted at a voltage of 63 V.
M17 to M40 signal and power cables
Preassembled signal and power cables with connectors in sizes M17 to M40 cover numerous industrial signal applications. They are the right choice for the easy and time-saving connection of electrical drives at transmission capacities up to 150 A/630 V. The entire range covers all the power ranges and designs required.
- Comprehensive product range with 6- to 17-pos. versions
- Reliable use with robust designs and high-quality materials
- Just a half turn for quick and secure connection with the SPEEDCON fast-locking system
- Interference-free signal transmission with EMC-protected connectors
- Reliably sealed with IP67 degree of protection
From small to large, straight or angled, molded or designed for assembly on site: The circular connector range from Phoenix Contact meets every requirement.
- M17 in straight design: up to 17 positions for signal transmission and up to 9 positions for power transmission up to 20 A
- M23 in straight or angled design: up to 17 positions for signal transmission and 6 or 8 positions for power transmission up to 30 A. The angled design can be rotated by more than 240°
- M40 in straight design: 6 or 8 positions for power transmission up to 70 A
The angled M23 circular connector is the first that can be rotated by more than 240°. This enables optimum cable routing for the system.
With the SPEEDCON fast-locking system from Phoenix Contact, you can mount circular connectors with just half a turn. This reduces your installation time by up to 90%.
Valve connectors and cables
In practical applications, high demands are placed on valve connectors due to temperature and mechanical influences or contact with oil and grease. Our extensive product range is ideally suited to these harsh operating conditions. Valve connectors, double valve connectors, and cables designed for assembly are available for five different designs (A, B, BI, C, CI) and for pressure switches (AD). The range of application is from 24 V AC/DC to 230 V AC/DC. Our valve connectors are available with an LED that is clearly visible in any mounting position to ensure easy detection in the event of an error.
- UL-approved materials and cable qualities
- PUR (as standard) and PVC cables available
- Temperature range from -25 to +85°C
Valve connectors and cables designed for assembly for outdoor applications
Valve connectors with a high degree of protection are used on utility vehicles and construction, agricultural, and forestry machinery. They are resistant to substances such as ozone, salt, gasoline, or oil.
- Valve connectors for outdoor applications in A and AD designs with IP66K/IP68 degree of protection
- DEUTSCH connectors with high tightness of seal and IP69K degree of protection
- Superseal connectors, watertight and highly resistant to aggressive environmental conditions
Valve connectors with energy-reducing function
The valve connectors with energy-reducing function for 24 V DC operation are characterized by up to 50% reduced current consumption compared to conventional versions. After controlling the valve, the energy-reducing function lowers the holding current. This means that power supply units with smaller dimensions can be used. The functionality and compatibility of these valve connectors is in accordance with the familiar standard. They can easily be integrated into existing systems.
Sensor cables – customer-specific versions and by the meter
Design the assembled cables in accordance with your specific requirements: In conjunction with connectors designed for assembly and distributors from Phoenix Contact, custom sensor cable and actuator cable lengths can also be produced easily. The Service Center for industrial connectors will transform your requirements into a custom product within just a few days, whether it is for machine building, systems manufacturing, or device manufacturing. We offer this service because, despite our extensive range of industrial connectors, we are not always able to provide solutions from our standard product range for certain customer requirements.
– Flexible ordering, because short cable lengths are also available
– Easy unwinding with cable reels for very long cables