PV string monitoring
In PV system monitoring, string monitoring plays a central role in increasing efficiency. SOLARCHECK provides reliable information regarding the performance of your PV system. Detect faults and take appropriate action. The system enables you to respond immediately to power losses in individual strings, which may be caused by damaged panels or defective contacts and cabling, for example.More information
- Communication protocol
- Product type
Your advantages with our SOLARCHECK PV string monitoring
- Compact design and supply without an additional power supply unit in the device connection box saves space and reduces costs and wiring effort
- Easy and safe current measurement with Hall sensors – without interrupting cables
- Easy integration into monitoring systems with Modbus/RTU communication
- Monitoring of remote indication contacts by means of an additional digital input
- Flexible expansion with optional voltage measurement up to 1500 V DC
PV string monitoring SOLARCHECK – measurement and communication
The modular SOLARCHECK system for PV string monitoring consists of various devices for current and voltage measurement and an associated communication module.
PV string monitoring: Communication module
- For connecting and collecting measured values from up to eight measuring modules
- Provision of data for transfer to higher-level controllers
- Supply of the connected measuring modules
PV string monitoring: Current measuring module
- 8-channel current measurement up to 20 A DC
- Detection of reverse currents of up to -1 A
- 4-channel extension modules for 20 A DC
- Digital input for monitoring the remote indication contacts of surge protection modules, for example
- Supply via the communication module
PV string monitoring: Voltage measuring module
- Voltage measurement up to 1500 V DC in any grounded PV system
- Connection and supply via the analog input provided on the 8-channel SOLARCHECK current measuring module
- Voltage measured value is output as an analog signal
- As an option, can also be removed from the SOLARCHECK assembly and used separately
Easy integration into monitoring systems
The communication module collects the measured values from the current measuring modules and forwards them to a higher-level controller via RS-485 (Modbus).
- Acquire up to eight or four string currents with one current measuring module each.
- You can connect a maximum of eight current measuring modules of any type to one communication module.
- The 2-conductor communication cable is also used to supply the measuring modules with power. This means that no additional power supply is required in the field.
- The voltage measuring module is connected to and also supplied via the analog input provided on the 8-channel current measuring modules.
- All measured values can be read from the communication module via open registers.