Surge protection in accordance with Class EA (CAT6A), for Gigabit Ethernet (up to 10 Gbps), token ring, FDDI/CDDI, ISDN, and DS1. Suitable for Power over Ethernet (PoE++ / 4PPoE) “Mode A” and “Mode B”. RJ45 attachment plug with separate grounding cable and ground connection snap-on foot for NS 35 DIN rails.
Surge protection for information technology and telecommunications
IT interfaces are particularly sensitive to overvoltages. Ideally, high transmission rates should not be impaired by the protective circuit. Powerful and fast-acting components provide a good level of protection with minimal attenuation. Overvoltages are safely limited. The bandwidth remains virtually unaffected.More information
Surge protection, consisting of protective plug and base element, with integrated status indicator and knife disconnection for three signal wires with common reference potential. For HF applications and telecommunications interfaces without supply voltage. Indirect grounding via gas discharge tube, Ex e approval for zone 2.
- Conformance with all standards – both for surge protection and for high-speed networks
- Protection for all common applications and signals with the complete product portfolio
- Versatile use with application-specific designs and connection technologies
- Easy testing with the pluggable protective device
Protection for telecommunications applications
For high-speed transmission with VDSL and G.fast
The new DT-TELE-WM-RJ45-PT-I protective device protects high-speed TC applications from damage caused by surge voltages. Simply mount the surge protection on a DIN rail, on the control cabinet panel, or on the wall.
- Wall and DIN rail mounting with terminal blocks and system connector connection
- Usable up to 250 Mbps (VDSL) and 1.5 Gbps (G.fast)
- Integrated status indicator
- Easy installation in cabinets and on the wall with screw mounting and latching onto a DIN rail
- Unrestricted data transmission even at high speeds
- Precise function monitoring with the status indicator on the device
Configurator for information technology surge protection
Create the ideal surge protection for your data networks.
DATATRAB DT – universal protection for information technology
The DATATRAB DT product family from Phoenix Contact provides protection for many applications:
- High-speed networks up to 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Networks with RS-485 interface
- Analog and digital interfaces for telecommunications, including DSL
All surge protective devices are system-compliant and have the appropriate connection technology.
The DT-LAN-CAT6+ version supports various data protocols at very high transmission speeds: such as Ethernet, Power over Ethernet (PoE), ISDN, token ring, and DS1.
DATATRAB can either be used as an adapter or as a DIN rail module.
TERMITRAB complete for telecommunications interfaces
With an overall width of just 6 mm, TERMITRAB complete provides narrow and reliable protection for telecommunications interfaces in the form of the TTC‑6‑1x2‑TELE… solution. The protective circuit is optimized for VDSL applications. Even at high data rates of up to 250 Mbps, the compact surge protection solution reliably protects against transients, without influencing the wanted signal.
The protective devices for telecommunications interfaces are available with Push-in as well as screw connection technology.
PLUGTRAB PT-IQ for data interfaces
PLUGTRAB PT-IQ intelligent surge protection now also reliably protects your data cables against overvoltages. The protective circuit is specifically tailored to HF applications. All voltage-limiting components in the protective circuit are constantly monitored.
Your advantage: pre-existing damage caused by frequent overvoltages is detected and indicated. Thanks to the multi-stage status indicator, you can always determine the status of the protective devices:
- Red = replacement required
- Yellow = replacement recommended
- Green = protective device OK
Using the controller, you can implement group remote signaling for all connected protective devices. You can choose between conventional screw connection and convenient Push-in connection technology.
Typical areas of application
Protective devices for information technology are split into two areas:
- Data interfaces
- Telecommunications applications
Data technology works with very low voltages and high transmission speeds. In contrast, due to the cable infrastructure, telecommunications systems use lower data transmission speeds in conjunction with higher voltages.