Energy measuring devices and energy meters
EMpro energy measuring devices can be configured and integrated into your network in minutes. Save on wiring outlay, thanks to the direct connection of manufacturer-independent Rogowski coils, and benefit from the many practice-oriented web server and device functions. EMpro energy meters with MID certification in accordance with EN 50470 enable cost-center-specific energy data billing.More information
- Product type
- Communication protocol
- Current measurement
- Current input signal
- Supply voltage range
- Accuracy class
EMpro – energy measuring devices
EMpro energy measuring devices: The fastest way to measure energy
EMpro energy measuring devices acquire your energy data and communicate it to higher-level control and management systems. Configure and integrate the devices in just a few steps using the web-based, user-guided installation wizard. You can also benefit from the simple, direct connection of conventional Rogowski coils, and from the many practice-oriented web server and device functions.
The integrated REST interface and direct connection to the cloud pave the way to the digital world in the Internet of Things (IoT). 24 V versions complete the portfolio.
Your advantages with our EMpro energy measuring devices
- Energy measurement in just three steps, thanks to an intuitive installation wizard
- Reduce wiring and configuration effort with energy measuring devices that connect directly to Rogowski coils from any manufacturer
- Easy to maintain, thanks to smart web server and display functions
- Global data access and the utilization of Smart Services with direct cloud connection
- EMpro energy measuring devices are part of the COMPLETE line system
Energy measurement in just three steps
The user-guided installation wizard enables intuitive configuration and quick startup. Benefit from the fast basic configuration in only three steps:
- Set up the communication interface
- Select the power grid type
- Configure the current and voltage measuring input
Reduce wiring and configuration effort
Using versions equipped with a Rogowski measuring input will save you a lot of time when it comes to wiring and configuration:
You can directly connect any commercially available Rogowski coil, regardless of manufacturer. The measuring transducer that is normally used is no longer required.
Simple service functions
Export the current configuration data along with historically recorded signal and error lists for rapid troubleshooting. Errors and alarm statuses that occur in the system are quickly and unambiguously detected on site, thanks to a color change on the display.
Access to data points via REST API in the EMpro energy measuring device
In local networks, the devices can be easily accessed via the integrated REST API. REST or “Representational State Transfer” is a widely used architecture in the field of IT, which is also gradually being adopted in industrial applications. The user-friendly interface architecture uses well-known Internet protocols. Using any browser, data can be retrieved with just a few commands via an HTTP GET request, for example. You do not need long register tables or special knowledge of industrial communication protocols.
Directly to the cloud with EMpro energy measuring devices – without using a gateway
Access your measured data and component data anywhere in the world, without using an additional IoT gateway. You won’t need an IoT gateway to aggregate data, to convert between local network protocols and IoT protocols, or for encryption. The IoT-capable EMpro device is able to transfer its data directly and securely to the cloud using a router.
Increased data security
Protect your energy data from unauthorized access: shutting down operating elements at the device will prevent manipulative operations on site. Deactivating the interfaces, you avoid unwanted access to your energy data or unintentional changes of the configuration.
In addition to interfaces for classic industrial communication, the products also have an integrated REST API. IoT-capable versions for direct cloud connection enable global networking in the Internet of Things.
Precise cost-center-specific acquisition and communication of energy data
EMpro energy meters with MID certification in accordance with EN 50470 allow cost-center-specific energy data billing. The measuring devices record key electrical parameters such as currents, voltages, power factors, power ratings, and energy values in all four quadrants. The data is forwarded to your higher-level control system via standard communication interfaces.
Your advantages with our EMpro energy meters with MID approval
- Easily incorporate energy meters into field buses and networks via M-Bus, Modbus/RTU, or Modbus/TCP interfaces
- Take up little space on the DIN rail with an overall width of just 72 mm
- Save time and money: energy meter versions are available with direct current measurement up to 80 A without external current transformers
- Simple Modbus integration, thanks to uniform register tables with existing EMpro energy measuring devices
- Remote data access, storage, and export with Ethernet-based energy meters