Signal conditioners and measuring transducers for explosion protection
In addition to the standard functions, signal conditioners and measuring transducers for explosion protection guarantee electrical explosion protection for all substance groups and areas in accordance with the relevant standards. Due to the consistent product development and evaluation in accordance with SIL IEC 61508 and PL DIN EN ISO 13849, our signal conditioners and measuring transducers minimize hazards to an acceptable residual risk and ensure the protection of people, machines, and the environment.More information
- Product type
- Input signal type
- Output signal type
- Switching output
- Available input sources
- Supply voltage range
- Functional safety
A milestone in miniaturization Highly compact MINI Analog Pro Ex i signal conditioners win major awards
The new Ex i versions in the MINI Analog Pro 6.2 mm signal conditioner family provide explosion protection and functional safety in an unrivaled compact design. With space savings of up to 50 percent compared to current solutions, measurement technology signals are reliably processed while at the same time ensuring the protection of people, the environment, and systems. The products are consistently rated to the highest safety level, SIL 3 one out of one. The operating concept and end-to-end digitalization are particularly user-friendly and future-proof.
This innovative development resulted in the products being honored as the Winner of the GIT Security Award and winning Gold in the German Innovation Award competition.
Comparison of signal conditioners and measuring transducers
The right solution for every application
MINI Analog Pro
Ex i and SIL 3 in an unrivaled compact design in terms of overall width and installed height
The proven, comprehensive range of solutions
|Consistent SIL 3 1oo1 functional safety: AI, AO, DI, DO|
|SIL 2 SC 3 or SIL 3 functional safety, type-specific: AI, AO, DI, DO|
|PL d, PL c functional safety, type-specific|
|Versions with wide range supply|
|Uninterruptible measurement of the current loops|
|Ambient temperature range of -40°C ... +70°C without derating|
|Gateways for bus and network connection|
|Information retrieval via Signal Conditioner App||NFC and QR code||QR code|
- Reliable and safe signal isolation, conditioning, filtering, and amplifying with our signal conditioners and measuring transducers for explosion protection
- Safer and more space-saving than ever: Ex i and SIL 3 with an overall width of just 6.2 mm with highly compact signal conditioners and measuring transducers
- Maximum explosion protection for all Ex zones and gas groups with one- and two-channel Ex i signal conditioners and measuring transducers
- High operational safety with signal conditioners, all of which have SIL certification
- Integrate analog signals easily into the safety chain in accordance with the Machinery Directive with signal conditioners with performance level
Highly compact MINI Analog Pro signal conditioners and measuring transducers for explosion protection
The highly compact MINI Analog Pro signal conditioners and measuring transducers combine intrinsic explosion protection and functional safety up to SIL 3 1oo1 in uniquely compact overall width and installed height. In your application, benefit from the particularly user-friendly design and operating concept, the wide range of configuration options, and end-to-end digitalization.
MACX Analog signal conditioners and measuring transducers for explosion protection
Our MACX Analog-Ex i signal conditioners and measuring transducers offer you a comprehensive range of solutions for safe and reliable signal conditioning. In intrinsically safe circuits, the Ex i versions provide you with explosion protection in all zones and substance groups. The products were consistently developed for safety applications for IEC/EN 61508 and PL EN ISO 13849 to ensure the safety of people, the environment, and the system.
The chemical and petrochemical industries involve industrial processes which produce explosive atmospheres. They are caused, for example, by gases, fumes, or vapors. Explosive atmospheres are also likely to occur in mills, silos, and sugar and fodder factories due to the dust present there. Therefore, electrical devices in potentially explosive areas are subject to special directives, which include the ATEX, IECEx, NEC/CEC, and UL certifications and directives. You will find an overview of the basics of explosion protection here.
Services for safety and security in the industry
As a product-independent service provider, we will help you to minimize safety and liability risks:
- Systematic hazard and risk analysis in accordance with DIN EN 61511, including HAZOP study
- Consulting and support for the preparation of SIL assessments in accordance with IEC 61508 and IEC 61511
- Validation of the safety functions and proof test
- Advice on the use of explosion protection components and on dealing with explosive atmospheres in accordance with 2014/34/EU and 1999/92/EC
Discover other areas of expertise, such as industrial security, CE marking, and occupational safety, on our website or in our “Services for safety and security in the industry” brochure.