Start a precise device configuration with the intuitive menu navigation, without long tests and calculations. Use either the easy-to-read OLED display and the pushbuttons on the device or the smartphone app with extended functions.
Monitoring relays and current relays
Monitoring relays are an inexpensive solution for monitoring important electrical and physical system parameters. EMD monitoring relays can be used to monitor overvoltage, undervoltage, overcurrent, undercurrent, phase failure, phase sequence, phase asymmetry, power factor, active power, motor winding temperature, and fill levels. The current relay detects and monitors sinusoidal alternating currents in the frequency range from 45 to 65 Hz.More information
- Increase system availability and reduce downtime
- Easy configuration with user-friendly user interface
- Targeted control or shutdown when a limit value is exceeded or not met
Smart monitoring relays
The smart MACX-MR monitoring relay provides you with many monitoring functions with extended setting options, large measuring ranges, and a broad supply voltage range.
Your advantages with our smart monitoring relay:
- High-contrast OLED display for on-site configuration and measured value display
- Smart configuration and easy transfer of configurations with the MACX-MR app via NFC communication
- Wide supply voltage range with galvanic isolation from the measuring circuit
- Extended measuring ranges and high measuring accuracy with true RMS measurement
- PIN protection against unauthorized changes
- Precise limit value setting without checking or calculating potentiometer settings
MACX-MR monitoring relay in detail
Have an overview of even small deviations from normal operation. The recording of the error code, error value, value deviation, and error time help to quickly analyze and fix the cause of the error. You can configure the error output contacts to distinguish between different errors.
Experience the versatility of the MACX-MR monitoring relay with its extended setting options, wide measuring range and wide supply voltage range. The electrical isolation of the measuring and supply circuit guarantees you high safety and accuracy.
Use the many options of the smartphone app to intuitively configure your monitoring relay. The extended functions include the readout and transfer of stored settings to additional monitoring relays as well as the availability of device information. A function diagram, a description, and a reminder function in the event of setting errors have been integrated into the app to ensure that making the settings is even more intuitive. The MACX-MR app is used to perform an accurate parameter configuration, which is downloaded to the device in batches. Protect the configurations of the monitoring relay against unauthorized access using a PIN code.
Compact monitoring relays
The compact EMD-BL monitoring relays are ideal for simple monitoring tasks, especially in building installation and series production.
Your advantages with our compact monitoring relays:
- Space saving with the compact installation housing
- Easy handling with rotary switches on the housing front for parameter setting
- Clear diagnostics with status LED
- Ideal for series production thanks to a price-optimized solution for numerous monitoring functions
EMD-BL monitoring relays in detail
The devices of the EMD-BL series stand out in particular due to their slim design and belong to the compact monitoring relays of our product family. With the increasing amounts of electronics in the control cabinet, lack of space is a constant challenge. With the space-saving design, our monitoring relay is ideally suited for building installation and series production.
Reduce wiring time many times over with the proven push-in direct-connection technology. Without tools and up to 50% lower insertion forces, you reduce not only the time required but also process costs. Both voltage and phase monitoring relays are quickly installed because they are supplied from the measuring circuit.
Desired parameters, such as monitoring ranges and tripping delay, are set conveniently via rotary switches on the front of the housing. Easy-to-read LEDs also allow rapid on-site analysis.
Current monitoring: Check electrical loads for functionality or wire breaks with undercurrent monitoring and avoid overload situations or blockages with overcurrent monitoring.
Phase monitoring: Monitor all phase parameters (phase failure, phase sequence, and asymmetry) in a 3-phase network
Temperature monitoring: Detect motor heating with temperature-dependent resistors that activate the relay to signal.
Voltage monitoring: Protect machinery and equipment from the damaging effects of overvoltages and undervoltages.
The current relay converts sinusoidal 50 Hz/60 Hz alternating currents into binary switching signals. Current detection takes place inductively via the conductor led through the module. The switching thresholds are set roughly via internal DIP switches, with fine adjustment performed using a potentiometer on the front. A high-quality changeover contact relay with a gold layer is located on the output side. It can be operated in both open and closed circuit current behavior.
Your advantages with the current relay
- Adjustable switching hysteresis
- Relay changeover contact output
- 3-way isolation
- Adjustable open and closed circuit current behavior
- Switching point can be freely selected in the measuring range from 0 to 16 A AC