Fieldbus distributors and segment couplers for PROFIBUS PA, PROFIBUS DP, and Fieldbus Foundation
Fieldbus distributors (also known as field device couplers) for PROFIBUS PA and FOUNDATION Fieldbus provide you with the option of extending your fieldbus in the field to suit your needs. The modular DP-PA coupler transparently connects PROFIBUS DP networks to PROFIBUS PA process networks in order to easily network your field devices with the control systems.More information
- Product type
- Communication protocol
- Degree of protection
- Housing material
PROFIBUS DP/PA segment coupler
With the DP/PA coupler, you can transparently connect PROFIBUS DP networks to PROFIBUS PA process networks.
- Up to 10 PROFIBUS DP or PROFIBUS PA modules per coupler for connecting up to four different DP/PA networks
- Network redundancy with up to 10 modules
- Integrated network diagnostics via communication interface module
- Powerful, embedded web server for configuration and access to network diagnostics
- Auto-detect any baud rate up to 12 Mbps transparently
- System modules can be replaced during operation
- Manage and configure PROFIBUS field devices using FDT/DTM
For each configuration, you require a head station for management, a PROFIBUS DP repeater, and a PROFIBUS PA module to interface with the PROFIBUS PA network. This modular approach allows configuration for specific applications. The preconfigured FB-HSB-DP/PA unit provides a basic package suitable for most applications.
Modular FOUNDATION Fieldbus device coupler for zone 2
The modular field device couplers for FOUNDATION Fieldbus consist of three main devices:
- Trunk line module (forms a new fieldbus station)
- Coupling modules
- Diagnostic module as required
The field device couplers in versions with one or two outputs are short-circuit-proof, thereby protecting your network. The supply voltage for the modular system is subdistributed via a DIN rail connector, which is simply snapped onto the DIN rail.
For zone 2 installations with connection of zone 0, 1, and 2 devices in the same housing, the FB-MODULAR partition plate is available for implementing intrinsically safe wiring clearances.
Integration into the control level takes place via standard H1 communication and device management using DD (Device Description), EDDL (Electronic Device Description Language), and DTM (Device Type Manager).
Multi-channel FOUNDATION Fieldbus and PROFIBUS PA couplers for zone 2
The multi-channel field device couplers for PROFIBUS PA and FOUNDATION Fieldbus are designed for ambient temperatures of -50°C to +90°C. They are highly compact and connection takes place on one side from below in order to save even more space. This means you can optimally use your space and achieve maximum channel density in your distributor box.
The field device couplers have been registered by the Fieldbus Foundation.
Zone 1 fieldbus barrier for FOUNDATION Fieldbus and PROFIBUS PA
The multi-channel field device couplers for PROFIBUS PA and FOUNDATION Fieldbus are also called “fieldbus barriers” due to their Ex zone 1 approval.
- Tested for ambient temperatures from -40°C to +80°C
- Light and robust
- Easy and space-saving installation with connection on one side from below
- Registered by the Fieldbus Foundation
Intelligent circuits minimize contact bounce for high signal quality.
Fieldbus distributor boxes with system approval and pre-installed field device couplers
We provide a range of fieldbus distributor boxes specifically intended for the use of field device couplers. With approvals in accordance with ATEX, IECEx, and UL Class I, Division 2, they can be used with confidence around the world.
The pre-assembled boxes come in two versions with and without surge protection for the trunk line. They connect the trunk line to the field devices.
- Ready-to-use distributor boxes made of brushed 316L stainless steel
- Available with 10 or 16 ports
- Quick and easy mounting with multi-channel zone 2 field device coupler
- Lightweight and compact