Field connectivity between OT and IT
Many systems have been in use for decades and often have proprietary hardware and software. Communication interfaces that are no longer supported hamper data exchange and communication.
Our connection and communication solutions now make it possible to use field data that previously could not be utilized. We enable you to benefit from the seamless interaction of the OT and IT levels, which increases the productivity and availability of your production plants.
Access security and impact-free characteristics
Based on the NAMUR Open Architecture (NOA) concept, the relevant monitoring information is made available to the control system via OPC UA. Data diodes ensure that high-availability processes are not compromised. Our automation solutions are certified in accordance with IEC 62443-2-4, thereby ensuring the confidentiality and integrity of your process data.
Continuous data flow between OT and IT
Since production plants vary with regard to runtime, the level of automation, and electrification, individual concepts are required for data acquisition and data transport. Whether HART, PROFIBUS, Modbus, PROFINET, OPC UA, via cable or wirelessly: with our wide range of communication solutions we will work with you to create the right concept for easily reading, transmitting, and providing the necessary field data.
Efficient from prototype to scalable solution
Scalability creates flexibility and reduces complexity as well as the budget in the introductory phase. Depending on your experience in the pilot phase, it is possible to adapt the concept for the next phase. We will be happy to assist you: from the design and construction of a prototype as well as proof of concept through to the scalable rollout and gradual expansion of your use cases.
Pulsating elements are clickable
Consistent solution approaches from data acquisition through to the target system
Different use cases require a variety of additional data from the field.
The custom solution concept we create for you will ensure the easy, secure, and impact-free reading and provision of the necessary field data.
Expertise from a single source
Phoenix Contact supports you in designing your custom, scalable monitoring concept right through to its complete installation and startup. We will provide you with advice, evaluate and plan the selection of technology based on your application, and implement the necessary measures. Our process industry experts can step in during any phase of your project and create the right proposal for you.
- Determine the situation at your site and ascertain the specific application
- Preparatory services such as design thinking workshops, radio frequency site survey or on-site measurements
- Selection of the transmission technology, e.g., SHDSL, wireless, fieldbus or others
- Topology drawings, load and resource estimates for hardware and software
- Creation of sensor diagrams
- Software planning
- Control box planning and construction
- Wireless and network planning
- Preparation for invitation to tender
- Tender for services and works
Delivery, installation, and startup
- Delivery of hardware prepared in-house by us, with factory acceptance test (FAT) on request
- Installation of hardware and software, configuration, parameterization, and integration into higher-level systems including site acceptance test (SAT)
- Startup with acceptance
Training and seminars
As a sponsor of the 2019 NAMUR Annual General Meeting, Phoenix Contact presented practical implementations of various use cases under the theme of “Enhanced connectivity for smart production”. See how existing system data can be read out simply, securely, and impact-free, as well as how this data can be used for additional services such as predictive maintenance, or for sustainable process optimization.
Solutions for the process industry
Regardless of whether the driving factor is increasing personnel and plant safety, avoiding failures, or implementing environmental and energy-efficiency requirements, Phoenix Contact develops technologies and concepts for applications in process automation based on open hardware and software standards.
Connectivity is the basis for digitalization
In the process industry, digitalization means more than just data. Only with smart connections does the information present in the field become available. In this interview, Wilfried Grote, Global Industry Manager for Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals, explains what “Enhanced Connectivity for Smart Production” means for Phoenix Contact.
In dialog with customers and partners worldwide
With groundbreaking solutions in network and automation technology, Phoenix Contact is your key partner for maximum availability in the process industry.
- Large network of specialists with a wealth of industry- and country-specific experience
- Many years of cross-industry expertise gained in the process industry
- Development of technologies based on open standards in hardware and software
- Tailor-made and certified solutions ensure reliable and efficient system operation
Follow our focus page on LinkedIn and keep up to date with all the information, news, and trends concerning the process industry.