Electronic invoice processing
Sending your invoice to us in PDF format not only saves costs, but also enables faster data transmission. Furthermore, this helps us optimize the processing of your invoices.
The quality of your invoice is key to our invoice processing procedure and is particularly important for ensuring payment of the invoice amount in accordance with the agreed terms.
Requirements for the e-billing process
- We are required by law to archive the invoices that are submitted to us.
- Use only the permitted invoice format.
- PDF document as an email attachment.
- Only one invoice may be included per PDF document.
- Specify the contact person for e-billing processes at your company.
- Specify one or more email addresses (preferably central and not personal) from which you will send invoices to us (invoices that are sent via other email addresses cannot be processed further).
- The correct Phoenix Contact order number must be indicated on the submitted invoice.
- We do not accept any invoices by e-billing where general sales tax and other transaction-related taxes, other than German sales tax, are charged.
- Compliance with the national legal framework for sending electronic invoices.
Requirements for PDF submission
In addition to the general quality standards, the following requirements for the creation and submission of PDF files apply.
Please do not send scanned documents. The PDF file must be created directly from the source program (ERP, Excel, Word, etc.) using the print function.
- File type: Only unencrypted documents with the .pdf file extension will be accepted and processed.
- File name: No special characters (\ / : * ? " < > |)
- File size: Max. 50 MB per PDF file
Email conventions for the submission of invoices
- If invoices / invoice corrections are not sent to the applicable invoice recipient address (see attachment below), your invoice will be marked as not received and will not be processed.
- Please only send invoices / invoice corrections to the Phoenix Contact invoice recipient addresses provided for this purpose.
- Only the companies listed in the Phoenix Contact invoice recipient file can receive invoices electronically.
- A maximum of 50 PDF documents with different file names can be processed per email.
Below you will find the addresses of the invoice recipients at Phoenix Contact and the approval letter for sending the PDF.
- Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your contact person for e-billing as well as the associated department
- Company name and address of your place of business
- Your supplier number (if available)
- Specify one or more email addresses (preferably central and not personal) from which you will send invoices to us (invoice sender addresses)
- Subject of the email: “Participation in the e-billing process – supplier name/number”
- Download the Phoenix Contact invoice recipient addresses
- Download and archive the Phoenix Contact approval letter
- 24 hours after sending your email to us, you can submit your invoices by email to the Phoenix Contact invoice recipient addresses (see download documents).
Important: You will not receive a separate email following activation. Please just go ahead and submit your invoices.