Electronic circuit breakers - function and design
Electronic circuit breakers are often used in communication and automation technology. Depending on the type, they can be remotely controlled either mechanically or electrically.
- A monitoring and remote signaling concept that is independent of the location
- Also reliable in the case of high cable resistance of longer cables, thanks to active current limitation
- Maximum system availability due to the compact design with precise nominal current levels
- Remote-controlled reset or control input
- Bridgeable circuit breakers (in the base element)
- Easy installation, thanks to uniform plug-in housing concept
Areas of application
They protect all loads that are supplied by a switched-mode power supply unit.
Thanks to the active current limitation, even very remote devices can be protected reliably.